Data management and Integrity
Data integrity is vital for business because it can increase efficiency and provide real competitive advantage. It is directly linked with strategic challenges such as IT estate complexity. First August has worked with organisations to help them develop and implement data management principles. We have helped our clients to address data challenges by:
- Mapping business processes to systems and data flows to establish where data integrity may be threatened.
- Identifying, developing and driving adoption of ‘golden sources’ of data.
- Designing data architectures and data management programmes that ensure that the integrity of data is maintained.
- Increasing confidence in the quality of information, by identifying and addressing data quality issues throughout a European bank.
Linked to data management and integrity are the issues of data privacy. Examples of how we have helped organisations address data privacy challenges include:
- Performing DPA compliance reviews and linking their findings to other key risk areas including outsourcing and data security.
- Performing privacy impact assessments (PIA) that review privacy from the perspective of all the data owner’s stakeholders and recognise the eight principles of the UK Data Protection Act.
- Assessment of the implications of EU data law and review of processes to comply with ‘Safe Harbour’ requirements.